04/08/20 BLOG # 14
(If you do not wish to receive this blog, please let me know.)
I want to start by thanking my son Chip, who set up a website for me and gave me the capabilities to post a blog. Thanks, Chip!
DON’T FORGET PRAYER – This is the month when Holy Week begins for Christians, Passover begins for Jews, and Ramadan begins for Muslims. Our federal government is also talking as if the U.S. should reach our apex (of covid-19 deaths per day) during this month (maybe in the next week). May all of us, of all faiths, keep up the prayers for a beginning to the end of this pandemic.
FROM ONE READER OF THIS BLOG
We need to remember that not all news is bad news. Check out this article:
GOD’S CALL TO ALL OF US
“The worldwide coronavirus pandemic is not God’s judgment on humanity, but God’s call on people to judge what is most important to them and resolve to act accordingly from now on, Pope Francis said.” – from The Record, 4/2/20
MODELING THE COVID CURVE – Experts talk of many models being used to make projections of the apex as well as the total number of deaths. Here’s a website that shows the U.S. results of one model, updating each day – projecting the date of the apex, the number of deaths on that date, and the total number of deaths in the next few months. https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
HOBBIES – I hear that a number of people are pulling out their old in-door hobbies and getting back to working on them. Here’s a 7-minute video on a fascinating one – https://www.youtube.com/embed/HyuE1XnYO0I.
LET’S LEARN TO SMILE THROUGH IT ALL
Here is a poem credited to Spike Milligan:
Smiling is infectious. You catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled, I realized I’d passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile. Then I realized its worth.
A single smile, just like mine, could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected.
Let’s start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!
HUMOR IS THE BEST MEDICINE
• Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
• I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I’m cracking a safe.
• I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
• Still haven’t decided where to go for Easter —– The Living Room or The Bedroom
• PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
• Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
• I don’t think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we’d go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
• This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog….. we laughed a lot.
• So, after this quarantine … will the producers of “My 600 Pound Life” just find me or do I find them?
• Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
• Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
• I’m so excited — it’s time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
• I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I’m getting tired of Los Livingroom.
• Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said “I hope I don’t have the same teacher next year” … I’m offended.
• Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under.
SOME GOOD SCRIPTURE VERSES
• It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the kingdom of God. – Acts 14:22
• We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our body. For we who live are constantly being given up to death for the sake of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh. – 2 Corinthians 4:8-11
Dear Lord, please help the world defeat this coronavirus!
Be calm! Stay well! God bless us all!