03/29/20 BLOG # 11
(If you do not wish to receive this blog, please let me know.)
One deacon sent me material which included this Scripture verses – “Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?” (Mark 4:40) We all need to keep this in mind.
BOB RUST – I was so sorry to hear that Bob Rust, the 88-year old brotherp of our parishioner Renee Yarmuth, passed away Saturday morning. He lived in Greensburg, Indiana. The doctors think he died of coronavirus but are awaiting lab results to be sure. Renee and Mike, we are so sorry for your loss! Even though we can’t come to the funeral, the parish will have you and your family in our prayers.
OUR PARISH MASS ONLINE – I was so delighted this weekend to discover that St. John Paul II parish had recorded Mass for this weekend. I found it by accident this morning, through our parish’s Facebook page, which provided a link to the Mass on YouTube. It was so good to see the inside of our own church, Fr. Peter leading Mass, Deacon Bruce Warren assisting, his wife Laurie and daughter Katelyn doing the readings, and son John in the audience! Thanks to all of you for bringing our home parish Mass to us this weekend!
ON A POSITIVE NOTE
There seem to be a lot of employers who are now seeking new employees. See http://louisvillecourierjournal.ky.newsmemory.com/?publink=2988d6882. If you know anyone seeking employment, please pass on that link.
PSYCHOLOGICALLY COPING WITH THE CRISIS
From a local counselor – http://louisvillecourierjournal.ky.newsmemory.com/?publink=1d43b5e5a
QUOTES AND POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS FOR A CRISIS
• A leader is a person who, in crisis, is too scared to sit around doing nothing. – “Senator Soaper”
• Life is a series of lessons and our crises are our homework. Knowing that a crisis guarantees us the growth we deserve makes its sting endurable. – author unkown
• Out of every crisis comes the chance to be reborn. – Nena O’Neill
SOME GOOD SCRIPTURE VERSES
• Can any of you by worrying add a moment to your lifespan? If even the smallest things are beyond your control, why are you anxious about the rest? – Luke 12:25-26
• Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
Dear Lord, please help the world defeat this coronavirus!
Be calm! Stay well! God bless us all!